Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Wed, 03.03.21 17:41
rmw compile warnings
-={ 2021-03-03 16:41:54.152677967+00:00 }=-

Hey Andrew!

AA> On Debian with gcc 8 I wasn't getting any warnings.

No surprise here. Of all the different versions of gcc over the years gcc 4
was my favourite. That was the last release I was able to stick with pure C.
Almost everything has gone downhill since.

AA> Any suggestions?

Other than sticking with what you feel comfortable with, no. It works here
despite the warnings so you don't really have much to sweat.

AA> Things are working fine right now so I'm reluctant to change the
AA> code until I really understand well how best to fix those
AA> warnings.

An excellent plan.

Right now I am wrestling with the rustc/firefox breakage and whether or not to
continue on this latest so-called upgrade into extreme overbloating of
something I never ever cared about (ie gui/web crap).

Kis these days eh? :::sigh:::

Life is good,
Maurice

... Monig mon hæfð micel feax on foran heafde, 7 wyrð færlice calu.
Many a man has plenty of hair on his head, and suddenly goes bald.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)