Fidonet Portal

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Thu, 25.02.21 19:00
real names
Re: real names
By: August Abolins to Nick Andre on Mon Feb 22 2021 09:11 am

> Hello Nick!
>
> ** On Saturday 20.02.21 - 20:41, Nick Andre wrote to Vague:
>
> NA> ..In Fido its often tradition to use real-names or at least
> NA> real-sounding names. Not every echo requires them though.
>
> PMFJI.. In Fido, the intent of the phrase "real names" is to you
> use one's real name, not a real-sounding one.
>
> --
> ../|ug

There's som variation though. Dan for Daniel, Ray for Raymond. Also when I
was RC13, I was advised privately by a member that they were in the witness
protection program so had an assumed name he was to use. I was fine with it.

xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)