Fidonet Portal

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: All
Date: Wed, 24.02.21 17:02
Goodbye, Felix
Hello, everyone.

I had to put my beloved Felix to sleep on February 11. It seems he had a tumor
and the poor kitty was starting to really suffer. He was so exhausted that he
could only take two steps and then collapse. Towards the end he couldn't make
it to the litterbox that was less than a foot away from him.

Thankfully, through the kindness and generousity of strangers and friends, his
vet bills and final expenses were paid for. I had his body cremated and have
his ashes in a beautiful bronzed tin and a plaster pawprint to remind me. He's
no longer by my side but always in my heart.

This was very difficult for me but I am getting through it. I miss having him
to come home to and to cuddle up with.

Later,
Sean

--- FleetStreet 1.27.1
* Origin: Outpost BBS Local Console * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Wed, 24.02.21 19:55
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Sean,

SD> Thankfully, through the kindness and generousity of strangers and
SD> friends, his vet bills and final expenses were paid for. I had his
SD> body cremated and have his ashes in a beautiful bronzed tin and a
SD> plaster pawprint to remind me. He's no longer by my side but always in
SD> my heart.

That's the same for the dachshunds my wife and I had.

SD> This was very difficult for me but I am getting through it. I miss
SD> having him to come home to and to cuddle up with.

But, you have all the wonderful memories, that no one can take away.

Daryl

... When told to delete cookies, I ate another OREO.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Thu, 25.02.21 16:36
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Am 24.02.21 schrieb Sean Dennis@1:18/200 in CATS_MEOW:

Hallo Sean,

SD> I had to put my beloved Felix to sleep on February 11.
[...]
SD> This was very difficult for me but I am getting through it. I miss having
SD> him to come home to and to cuddle up with.

My deepest condolences to you! (I hope this is written correctly)

I also had to put my first cat, Yumosch, to sleep in 2018. She probably
also had tumors and was 15 years old. Before we got her, she probalby
didn't have a good life so we wanted to offer her a good place and much
love.
And I learned so much from her, especially as it was my first cat and she
made bad experiences with other humans.
But I learned how to respect her correctly and to "read" when she wanted
my company and when not. And after some struggle and some bites, we came
along very good Smile
I also have her ashes in a nice urn.

So I know what you are going through. Feel hugged!

Regards,
Anna

--- OpenXP 5.0.48
* Origin: Imzadi Box Point (2:240/5824.1)

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: All
Date: Thu, 25.02.21 17:10
Re: Goodbye, Felix
-=> Anna Christina Nass wrote to Sean Dennis <=-

ACN> My deepest condolences to you! (I hope this is written correctly)

It is and thank you.

ACN> But I learned how to respect her correctly and to "read" when she
ACN> wanted my company and when not. And after some struggle and some bites,
ACN> we came along very good Smile

Cats communicate just fine. You just have to learn how to speak their
language. Smile

ACN> I also have her ashes in a nice urn.

My parents have put Felix's urn on their fireplace mantle so he is in a
position of honor in the house.

ACN> So I know what you are going through. Feel hugged!

Thank you, I appreciate it. Smile

--Sean

... Reality-ometer: [\........] Hmmph! Thought so...
___ MultiMail/Win v0.52

--- Maximus/2 3.01
* Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Thu, 25.02.21 19:19
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Sean,

SD> Cats communicate just fine. You just have to learn how to speak their
SD> language. Smile

Or "dogs come when called...cats have answering machines". Of course,
if don't give either of them what they want, they give you "the stink eye".

Daryl

... Dinner Not Prepared: A)bort, R)etry, P)izza Hut??
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.13-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Fri, 26.02.21 11:38
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Am 25.02.21 schrieb Sean Dennis@1:18/200 in CATS_MEOW:

Hallo Sean,

ACN>> But I learned how to respect her correctly and to "read" when she
ACN>> wanted my company and when not. And after some struggle and some bites,
ACN>> we came along very good Smile

SD> Cats communicate just fine. You just have to learn how to speak their
SD> language. Smile

Exactly! And as I've learned from our current cats, it's individual to the
specific cat Smile

SD> My parents have put Felix's urn on their fireplace mantle so he is in a
SD> position of honor in the house.

That's great! I got a "cuddle clone" of Yumosch as a present from my wife
some years ago when she (the cat) was still alive, it is a plush toy
custom made from photographs of her. Her urn rests now next to the "clone"
in a display cabinet in my room.

ACN>> So I know what you are going through. Feel hugged!

SD> Thank you, I appreciate it. Smile

Thank you!

Best regards,

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Fri, 26.02.21 13:36
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Anna,

ACN> Exactly! And as I've learned from our current cats, it's individual to
ACN> the specific cat Smile

My late Mom had one of these "artificial cats" that would meow and purr,
if the light in front of its eyes went dark (shadow), etc. If you tried to
rough handle it, it would "growl and spit".

But, it ran on batteries...yet, there was no worry of feeding, litter box
cleaning, fleas and ticks, vet bills, etc.

What I'd like to find is one of these "artificial dachshunds", that would
react to light by barking, wagging it's tail, etc. My late wife (who has
been gone nearly 14 years now) got me partial to dachshunds.

Daryl

... I'm not a moderator. I just have the face of one.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.13-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 27.02.21 15:56
Re: Goodbye, Felix
Am 26.02.21 schrieb Daryl Stout@1:19/33 in CATS_MEOW:

Hallo Daryl,

DS> My late Mom had one of these "artificial cats" that would meow and purr,
DS> if the light in front of its eyes went dark (shadow), etc. If you tried to
DS> rough handle it, it would "growl and spit".

DS> But, it ran on batteries...yet, there was no worry of feeding, litter
DS> box cleaning, fleas and ticks, vet bills, etc.

These can also be really nice. My wife is also interested in one of these
"therapeutic seals" that appeared in Japan some years ago. But they were
really expensive back then...

DS> What I'd like to find is one of these "artificial dachshunds", that
DS> would react to light by barking, wagging it's tail, etc. My late wife (who
DS> has been gone nearly 14 years now) got me partial to dachshunds.

Smile