Fidonet Portal

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Tue, 23.02.21 22:31
Slackware 15-ish
Hello Maurice!

23 Feb 2021 15:11, Maurice Kinal wrote to Benny Pedersen:

BP>> slackware just miss gentoo portage
MK> I've never heard anyone using slackware ever complain about the lack
MK> of proprietary apps before.

+1

its like windows 10 never miss explore 11

BP>> revdep-rebuild comes handy on brokken slackpkg
MK> How so?

revdep-rebuild fix if some precompiled installs fails with ldd /bin/bash

or in slackware now ldd /bin/awk

MK> I've never used slackpkg and have never heard of
MK> revdep-rebuild before now.

you never used gentoo then

MK> Personally I prefer slackware pkg format
MK> to deb, rpm, whatever,

why not keep it debian then ?

MK> given that it requires no additional tools to
MK> deal with it. tar and xz these days is all it takes, although mc for
MK> browsing tarballs is a nice touch.

my now brokken slackware only uses taballs, not db files

Regards Benny

... too late to die young Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.1.2 (Linux/5.11.0-gentoo-x86_64 (x86_64)Wink
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running CPM 3.0 (2:230/0)