Fidonet Portal

From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 21.02.21 10:55
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040)
BrF>> If you can find a search result linking to my server, I'd be very
BrF>> interested to know.

AV> Looking at your server's logs could be a wise idea.

Looking for what?

So you couldn't find anything then?

BrF>> Hint: it's not an ordinary news server. It just mimics one for the
BrF>> benefit of my users.

AV> Are there any good reasons to use NNTP instead of native FTN software?

What? So you don't know the difference? Figures...

..

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 22.02.21 00:52
Re: "Packet Type 2 Compa
-=> On 02-21-21 09:03, Alexey Vissarionov <=-
-=> spoke to Bj?rn Felten about "Packet Type 2 Compatible <=-

BrF> Hint: it's not an ordinary news server. It just mimics one for the
BrF> benefit of my users.

AV> Are there any good reasons to use NNTP instead of native FTN software?

Yes. It allows more people to access his BBS. Ditto for BBSes that
allow HTML access.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:53:55, 21 Feb 2021
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)