Fidonet Portal

From: Alexey Vissarionov (2:5020/545)
To: All
Date: Sun, 21.02.21 07:35
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040)
Good ${greeting_time}, Bj?rn!

20 Feb 2021 12:03:50, you wrote to me:

AV>> Guess where does it get the messages...
BF>>> * Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)
AV>> Just a hint.
BrF> I seriously doubt that it gets the messages from my news server.

It gets the messages from everywhere in can reach.

BrF> If you can find a search result linking to my server, I'd be very
BrF> interested to know.

Looking at your server's logs could be a wise idea.

BrF> Hint: it's not an ordinary news server. It just mimics one for the
BrF> benefit of my users.

Are there any good reasons to use NNTP instead of native FTN software?

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... that's why I really dislike fools.
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: ::1 (2:5020/545)