Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 19.02.21 04:34
Slackware 15-ish
Re: Slackware 15-ish
By: Richard Falken to Alan Ianson on Fri Feb 19 2021 04:58 am

RF> I bet I am the weirdo in this echo, because I plan to upgrade from the
RF> DVD?

I mostly use the DVD if I have it, I don't have an upto date DVD of
slcakware-current but I will when 15.0 is released.

RF> AFAIK the upgrade docs pretty much told you to switch to single user mode
RF> and apply certain updates in a certain order, else you risk breaking the
RF> system in funny ways.

The upgrade doc is still for 14.2. Slackware-current is bleeding edge so it has
to be handled with care.

Slackware has no idea about dependencies, slackpkg just updates packages as it
sees them.

RF> libc upgrades are a bitch.

Yes. I think 15.0's libc is updated now so smooth sailing from here. I hope!

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Junk - stuff we throw away. Stuff - junk we keep.
--- SBBSecho 3.13-Linux