Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 19.02.21 00:58
Slackware 15-ish
Re: Slackware 15-ish
By: Benny Pedersen to Maurice Kinal on Fri Feb 19 2021 01:35 am

BP> bah, slackware died here, gpg error and slackpkg updated and thus stopped
BP> in middle of the jungle, new connfig, maked it 32bit mirror, update and
BP> then update-all, bye bye :/

BP> never slackware here anymore

That's a slackpkg thing that can catch folks unaware. It might be a good idea
to blacklist slackpkg and update it manually. Whenever slackpkg is updated the
update process will stop and you need to check your slackpkg config and restart
the update process.

In my own case when slackpkg was updated it depended on glibc 2.33 which hadn't
been downloaded or installed and slackpkg would not run so I had to grab 3
glibc packages from the mirror and upgrade those packages with upgradepkg. Once
I did that and checked my slackpkg.conf the upgrade proceeded as expected.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Money isn't everything, usually it isn't even enough.
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux