Fidonet Portal

From: Ant (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Mon, 15.02.21 01:47
Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Ant <ant@zimage.comANT>

https://preview.redd.it/44m6fubl9yg61.gif?width=676&format=mp4&s=45b9db57a47d579
c001b7161f4ad0c57d55f0727
for my screen shot/capture.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering
soon. Smile
--
CNY (Metal Ox)! Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.Wink is
required to see this signature correctly.
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( Wink
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Tue, 16.02.21 04:48
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Marcel Mueller <news.5.maazl@spamgourmet.org>

Am 15.02.21 um 23:47 schrieb Ant:

https://preview.redd.it/44m6fubl9yg61.gif?width=676&format=mp4&s=45b9db57a47d579
c001b7161f4ad0c57d55f0727
> for my screen shot/capture.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering
> soon. Smile

What type of virtual storage controller did you configure in VBox?
It seems that you either chose an incompatible one or missing a driver
in OS/2.

Marcel
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Ant (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Tue, 16.02.21 01:39
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Ant <ant@zimage.comANT>

On 2/15/2021 11:48 PM, Marcel Mueller wrote:
> Am 15.02.21 um 23:47 schrieb Ant:

https://preview.redd.it/44m6fubl9yg61.gif?width=676&format=mp4&s=45b9db57a47d579
c001b7161f4ad0c57d55f0727
>> for my screen shot/capture.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering
>> soon. Smile
>
> What type of virtual storage controller did you configure in VBox?
> It seems that you either chose an incompatible one or missing a driver
> in OS/2.

I used the defaults. VirtualBox says IDE controller with PIIX4 type
using Host I/O Cache attributes.

From: Ant (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 06:51
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Ant <ant@zimage.comANT>

It only showed my virtual CD drive (OS/2 ISO).

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 04:44
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Marcel Mueller <news.5.maazl@spamgourmet.org>

Am 16.02.21 um 23:39 schrieb Ant:
> On 2/15/2021 11:48 PM, Marcel Mueller wrote:
>> Am 15.02.21 um 23:47 schrieb Ant:

https://preview.redd.it/44m6fubl9yg61.gif?width=676&format=mp4&s=45b9db57a47d579
c001b7161f4ad0c57d55f0727
>>> for my screen shot/capture.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering
>>> soon. Smile
>>
>> What type of virtual storage controller did you configure in VBox?
>> It seems that you either chose an incompatible one or missing a driver
>> in OS/2.
>
> I used the defaults. VirtualBox says IDE controller with PIIX4 type
> using Host I/O Cache attributes.

I also use PIIX4. But I am unsure whether IBM1S506.ADD supports this
controller.

I almost always used DANIS506.ADD. You could try a virtual Floppy to
inject this driver during installation. AFAIR the installer asks for
custom drivers at some point.

Marcel
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Ant (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 11:56
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Ant <ant@zimage.comANT>

On 2/17/2021 11:44 PM, Marcel Mueller wrote:
> Am 16.02.21 um 23:39 schrieb Ant:
>> On 2/15/2021 11:48 PM, Marcel Mueller wrote:
>>> Am 15.02.21 um 23:47 schrieb Ant:

https://preview.redd.it/44m6fubl9yg61.gif?width=676&format=mp4&s=45b9db57a47d579
c001b7161f4ad0c57d55f0727

>>> What type of virtual storage controller did you configure in VBox?
>>> It seems that you either chose an incompatible one or missing a
>>> driver in OS/2.
>>
>> I used the defaults. VirtualBox says IDE controller with PIIX4 type
>> using Host I/O Cache attributes.
>
> I also use PIIX4. But I am unsure whether IBM1S506.ADD supports this
> controller.
>
> I almost always used DANIS506.ADD. You could try a virtual Floppy to
> inject this driver during installation. AFAIR the installer asks for
> custom drivers at some point.

Hmm, where can I get that? I'm using the v4.52 English ISO files from
https://winworldpc.com/product/os-2-warp-4/os-2-warp-452.

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 19:35
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Marcel Mueller <news.5.maazl@spamgourmet.org>

Am 18.02.21 um 09:56 schrieb Ant:
>> I almost always used DANIS506.ADD. You could try a virtual Floppy to
>> inject this driver during installation. AFAIR the installer asks for
>> custom drivers at some point.
>
> Hmm, where can I get that? I'm using the v4.52 English ISO files from
> https://winworldpc.com/product/os-2-warp-4/os-2-warp-452.

https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/?search=danis506&stype=any&sort=type_name&dir=%2F

I am using eCS CDs. They are basically a patched version of 4.52 with
additional software and drivers, on of them is DANIS506.
But eCS is not available for free. (In fact it is dead.Wink

Marcel
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Barry Landy (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 19.02.21 07:26
Re: Unable to see my VirtualBox's HDD to install new OS/2 Warp v4.52
From: Barry Landy <bl10nospam@cam.ac.uk>

DANIS506 1.8.15 is available on Hobbes https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/

you can also buy drivers from ARCAOS

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Marcel Mueller wrote:

:>Am 18.02.21 um 09:56 schrieb Ant:
:>> > I almost always used DANIS506.ADD. You could try a virtual Floppy to
:>> > inject this driver during installation. AFAIR the installer asks for
:>> > custom drivers at some point.
:>>
:>> Hmm, where can I get that? I'm using the v4.52 English ISO files from
:>> https://winworldpc.com/product/os-2-warp-4/os-2-warp-452.
:>
:>https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/?search=danis506&stype=any&sort=type_name&dir=%2F
:>
:>I am using eCS CDs. They are basically a patched version of 4.52 with
:>additional software and drivers, on of them is DANIS506.
:>But eCS is not available for free. (In fact it is dead.Wink
:>
:>
:>Marcel
:>

--
Barry Landy Email: Remove nospam in from address
192, Gilbert Road, Cambridge CB4 3PB

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2