Fidonet Portal

From: Oli (2:280/464.47)
To: All
Date: Mon, 15.02.21 12:40
2021 FTSC Standing Member Election -
mark wrote (2021-02-13):

RS>> I found a flaw in the document a while back, I don't remember the
RS>> specifics now, but if I can't review the current draft, how am I
RS>> supposed to know if the flaw has been addressed or not?

ml> well, you wouldn't know... hopefully it was found but it is possible it
ml> has not yet been discovered... the document is still on the desk... i
ml> can't really say more and may have already said too much... i've not yet
ml> been reprimanded by any other FTSC members but i'm going to hold off
ml> posting more...

This seems a bit of a silly process. 5 years since 2016. Mysterious things are
being done behind the scenes. FTSC members don't even know about it or pretend
to know nothing about it? Why not use an transparent, public and open process
like the IETF and XSF. They are getting things done.

Even a not so perfect and not final proposal(!Wink for a documentation of Type
2+/.2 packet headers is better than what you can find on today's ftsc.org site.

---
* Origin: . (2:280/464.47)