Fidonet Portal

From: andrew clarke (3:633/267)
To: All
Date: Mon, 15.02.21 07:36
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040)
13 Feb 21 20:04, you wrote to Oli:

DC> Would you mind telling *WHY* you won't use a proper name? Are you
DC> hiding something? Afraid of something? Why?

Why should he?

Aren't we all hiding /something/?

What if he used a fake name that sounded real?

How do you know lots of us aren't doing that already?

I mean, you don't.

Is the point just to encourage people to use convincing names that don't sound
fake? I mean realistically that's the best you can ask for, right?

But for what? What actual difference does it make?

This whole real name obsession is bonkers.

--- GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Blizzard of Ozz, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (3:633/267)