Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Sat, 13.02.21 22:07
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040)
-={ 2021-02-13 21:07:20.634530056+00:00 }=-

Hey Rob!

RS> The month field being discussed here is from the packet header,
RS> which is binary (not a string of text).

And exactly where was it called from? I am guessing localtime(Wink which explains
the resulting 0-11 reported. Same can be said for other sources of localtime(Wink
such as perl, python, etc. They are all based on time.h.

Where is your software getting the date and time from?

RS> The date field you're referring to is in a "packed message"
RS> header. The *year* field of the packet header is already 16-bits,
RS> so can already accomodate years up to 65535.

Understood but I was just using that as an example that the two digit year used
in packed message header didn't need to be a two digit year which is contained
in the string output for the DateTime field. In other words the format was
bogus given that fact and could eaily be the cause of the poorly designed and
deployed fts-4008 aka TZUTC.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Sorg ond slæp somod ætgædre earmne anhogan oft gebindað.
Sorrow and sleep both together often bind the wretched solitary person.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)