Fidonet Portal

From: Oli (2:280/464.47)
To: All
Date: Sat, 13.02.21 17:33
Future of ftsc.org web site
andrew wrote (2021-02-13):

ac> 13 Feb 21 12:20, you wrote to me:

RM>> Uploading to archive.org is a very good idea.

RM>> Using Sourceforge is a bad idea.
RM>> Using Github or better Gitlab is a good idea IMHO.

ac> Yes, SourceForge is a mess now. Though was never that great to begin with.

ac> Meanwhile GitHub just keeps getting better.

ac> I've no experience with GitLab.

If you compare all three, Gitlab and Github is very similar and Sourceforge the
horrible mess. I'm not very deep into Gitlab or Github, but my impression is
that since Microsoft bought Github they have added features to the free plan,
that had only been available in the free Gitlab plan before. The biggest
advantage of Gitlab is that is open source (if you really want to install it on
your own server). It also has a better search. Overall I find Github a bit
easier to use. They are both equally good options.

---
* Origin: . (2:280/464.47)