Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Sat, 13.02.21 15:06
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040)
-={ 2021-02-13 14:06:58.413218119+00:00 }=-

Hey Oli!

O> I think I found one omission: The value from "month" in the Type
O> 2(+) packet header is "0-11 for Jan-Dec" (in contrast to 1-31 for
O> "day" of month). This isn't mentioned in Stephen's draft.

I believe that is a consequence of time.h and has nothing to do with fidonet.
It is all in the localtime(Wink structure that 0-11 for months was used rather
than the 01-12 used for months in strftime(Wink which is also part of time.h.
According to c89 standards output for strftime does include enough % specifiers
to output proper iso-8601 or even a rfc-3339 formatted datetime stamp. For
sure "2021-02-13 14:06:58 +0000" is doable and is backwards compatible to c89.
We could have been using a four digit year since day one.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Þæt folc bið gesælig... and gesundful þurh gesceadwisne reccend.
A people is made happy and prosperous by a wise ruler.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)