Fidonet Portal

From: Nicholas Boel (1:154/10)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.02.21 01:00
2021 FTSC Standing Member Election - Term Expirations
Hello Carol,

On Sat Feb 06 2021 14:19:12, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to August Abolins:

CS> There hasn't been much going on be a couple of us have been helping
CS> folks understand how the standards got in place and how proposals
CS> work.

That has nothing to do with the FTSC.

CS> There are 2 in possible view in the not too distant future. One from
CS> Maurice on datestamps that may morf a bit to become msg-id area (not
CS> clear to me on where he's taking it but he's looking at the next Y2K

Nothing has been drafted. Maybe another proposal, but can not be turned into a
standard for another million years.

CS> type event) and you and Stas with Telegram working off
CS> smartphone/Notepads (assume I got that right).

Again, something has to be drafted, and in this case.. can it be? Another
protocol/service is being used to "gate" into Fidonet.

CS> Ozz has been developing a BBS with embedded mailer/tosser from what I
CS> can tell.

Based off current standards and proposals, more than likely. If anything new is
made, show the FTSC so they can document it.

CS> and Nick is new enough, nothing has really happened but he devlops a
CS> major mailer.

Nick as in Nick Andre? New Enough? Do you live in space?

CS> I have one other thought. If no one screams too hard, maybe we can
CS> mix the renewal election dates a bit so it's not so lop-sided? Just
CS> adjust some to further out. We've done that before. Twice that I
CS> know of.

We basically have to support what's left, because by definition if we don't
have 7? members, the FTSC is null and void.

Regards,
Nick

... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20181215
* Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (Wisconsin) (1:154/10)