Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Thu, 14.12.06 14:33
FidoNews Editor MIA?
13 Dec 06 18:35, Joe Delahaye wrote to Roy Witt:

>> I speak from experience. When I wanted to contact the R19C to inquire
>> about a RIN listing, his nodelisted phone number was disconnected. I
>> ended up routing my inquiry. No one who would be looking for their
>> first nodelisting could have gotten in touch in either.
>>
>> A coordinator is supposed to be available for 'first' contact in order
>> to 'promote' the network. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't
>> be a coordinator.

JD> All of my first contacts have been via Internet connect. Mostly the
JD> first attempt is thru email, courtesy my net web page. At that point
JD> things are explained to the candidate.

Do you tell them that you have a POTS line?

>> JD> I have a pots line, The only use it gets is a user who
>> JD> calls in because he has no internet..
>>
>> Maybe you're not as popular as you think. Mine gets at least one call
>> per day.

JD> Its not a matter of popular. I am pretty much the only BBS left in
JD> the area. Lack of interest in the now generation is the problem
JD> Most have no clue on how to dial into a BBS, never mind knowing what
JD> a BBS is.

Give them more credit than that. They are the now generation. We have
grandchildren who know more about computers than their parents, or at
least are as knowledgible.

JD> The users I do have are from the days gone by, and most
JD> use telnet to connect now.

Yeah, well we don't encourage newbies here, so I can understand that.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)