Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Thu, 14.12.06 14:29
FidoNews Editor MIA?
14 Dec 06 04:05, Roger Nelson wrote to Roy Witt:

RN> Roy Witt wrote in a message to Roger Nelson:

RW>> I had a banana tree in California, but it never produced any fruit.

RN> That's weird, isn't it?

Yes, I think it is. I have some friends who lived less than 20 miles south
of me and their banana tree flourished.

RW>> Actually, they're a requirement when handling them. They also have
RW>> very tiny hair-like spines that you can't even see. They're also
RW>> hard to see when you're looking for them with a tweezer to pull
RW>> them out.

RN> I've heard of them, but don't recall ever seeing them.

This last spring, mine bloomed a few flowers and afterwards, there were
prickly pears where the blooms were. I also have a barrel cactus nearer
the house that bloomed one flower. Now there is a red bulb where the
flower was, but I have no idea what it's going to do. Perhaps become a
second barrel of the cactus.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)