Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Wed, 13.12.06 12:08
FidoNews Editor MIA?
12 Dec 06 20:16, Joe Delahaye wrote to Roy Witt:

>> JD> There is no longer any need for a pots line for Z1 RCs and NCs
>> JD> have not needed it for a while longer.
>>
>> Your ZC may have told you that, but there's a need for POTS *Cs, none
>> the less. Those *Cs without POTS capability cannot carry out the full
>> duties of a coordinator per P4.

JD> Says who?

I speak from experience. When I wanted to contact the R19C to inquire
about a RIN listing, his nodelisted phone number was disconnected. I ended
up routing my inquiry. No one who would be looking for their first
nodelisting could have gotten in touch in either.

A coordinator is supposed to be available for 'first' contact in order to
'promote' the network. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't be a
coordinator.

JD> I have a pots line, The only use it gets is a user who
JD> calls in because he has no internet..

Maybe you're not as popular as you think. Mine gets at least one call per
day.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)