Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Wed, 13.12.06 12:05
FidoNews Editor MIA?
13 Dec 06 05:46, Roger Nelson wrote to Roy Witt:

RN>> I've heard of them, but am unsure if I ever laid eyes on one here.
RW>> They range from Texas to California and south into Mexico. We have
RW>> a giant Cholla cactus growing at the gate. The 'pears' are really
RW>> sweet to eat, kinda like eating rasberry jam. That is, if you can
RW>> get past the prickly spines.

RN> That sounds like the banana plants that grow wild around here. The
RN> bananas they yeild are much sweeter than the ones you buy at the
RN> market.

I had a banana tree in California, but it never produced any fruit.

RW>> Pigskin gloves help a lot.

RN> I imagine they would.

Actually, they're a requirement when handling them. They also have very
tiny hair-like spines that you can't even see. They're also hard to see
when you're looking for them with a tweezer to pull them out.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)