Fidonet Portal

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/188)
To: All
Date: Sun, 31.01.21 09:33
Happy New Year To All
On 28/01/21 11:29, Al Kaiser -> Flavio Bessa wrote:

AK> I just could not get into the many "non cannon" things in Discovery the
AK> two biggest being giving Spock a sister never mentioned anywhere else and
AK> the races never seen of before or hear from again.

Well, the impression that I had was that they handed over the series to people

that did not understand Trek fully. When they had noticed the mess they were
in, it was decided that Season 2 would start the "fixing" process.

It got better, and now that they had a one-way trip to the 32nd century, they
will fare better being away from canon.

AK> The "salty" language was not true Trek in my mind and as I said dno't
think
AK> Gene would have approved of many things.  Though I do see some surprising
AK> language in Picard.  I've been through the first tso discs so far and the
AK> last dusc of season one is due from Netflix either today or tomorrow.
AK> That
AK> will be a Saturday night watch.

Nice! I enjoyed Picard a lot, although I expected a little more from the
season finale.

AK> Sill wating for a good tagline, I have not heard one yet.

I have a few, I will switch back to the offline reader so I can have them
again.

--
Flavio Bessa - 4:801/188 - Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
fcbessa@gmail.com

--- Thunderbird/MacOS 78.6.0
* Origin: Andromeda - Saturn's Orbit NNTP Gateway (4:801/188)