Fidonet Portal

From: Bob Roberts (1:218/840)
To: All
Date: Thu, 28.01.21 23:04
Happy New Year To All
AK> I just could not get into the many "non cannon" things in Discovery the
AK> two biggest being giving Spock a sister never mentioned anywhere else and
AK> the races never seen of before or hear from again.

I'm willing to give them a pass on this. I think it contributes to the story,
and linking the main character into the lineage of Trek.

AK> The "salty" language was not true Trek in my mind and as I said dno't
think
AK> Gene would have approved of many things. Though I do see some surprising
AK> language in Picard. I've been through the first tso discs so far and the

I agree, as a long time Trek fan, hearing "naughty words" in Discovery (and
Picard) was a bit out of place. However, I did get used to it, and I think it
adds to the realism they are trying to convey. Why wouldn't members of a unit
not swear while in stressful situations?

Bob Roberts
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
* Origin: Halls of Valhalla -:- hovalbbs.com:2333 (1:218/840)