Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 25.01.20 09:53
news.bytemuseum and news.wpusa???? Gone....???
Re: news.bytemuseum and news.wpusa???? Gone....???
By: Rick Christian to All on Sat Jan 25 2020 08:22:02

RC> Has the jamnntpd server from news.bytemuseum/news.wpusa gone away???

if you are referencing *.wpusa.dynip.com, that was my old domain that i dropped
at the beginning of 2019 for $REASONS... the new domain is sestar.synchro.net
which is running a completely different software suite... no more bubblegum and
shoestring tying together disparate packages...

RC> I use that to catch on things when things awry or other things to
RC> quickly find some info in echo's I don't pull..

i've not tested extensivly but news should be available on the above domain (no
more subdomains like news, mail, smtp, pop3, etc)... you can also read via the
web interface via http or https... to write a message, you need to create a new
account first... then you can use that to login with registered user privs to
read/write as you like... i was unable to convert the old user database to the
format used by the new software... besides, after some 30 years, it was long
past time for a change ;)

)\/(ark
--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
* Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)