Date: Thu, 02.01.20 19:16
jamnntpd issues, smapinntpd
Thursday January 02 2020 09:39, from Tommi Koivula -> Nil Alexandrov:
>> Should we continue using smapinntpd then?
TK> That might be a good idea. At least in 64bit linux.
Looks like smapi version is the logical continuation of the project, though
could have been done as a build option, link with JAMLIB or SMAPI. Hope can use
this echo conference for SmapiNNTPd related stuff.
Here's my list of TODO ;-)
* Socket reuse (just one line fix, otherwise you need to wait a few mins after
* Message-id passed in brackets (some NNTP clients use message-id to fetch
head/body/article instead of the article number, e.g. lynx text-mode browser
works with nttp:// URL scheme).
* Add encoding support in subjects (some NNTP clients even use a different
encoding in subject than the body itself, e.g. Thunderbird will always use utf8
in subjects (Subject: =?UTF-8?Q) even though the body encoding is 8 bit)
* Add utf8 support for posting.
* Maybe get rid of charset files completely, just compile with libiconv or ICU.
* Having been integrated with Husky project, specifically with SMAPI library,
so why not using the fidoconf to read out groups.
Best Regards, Nil
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: -=NIL BBS=- (2:5015/46)