Fidonet Portal

From: Bjrn Forsstrm (2:203/614.61)
To: All
Date: Fri, 06.07.07 10:09
Freezing
->> DW> We *never* see cl here, except on bottles from Europe.

->> I just looked at a Danish Carlsberg can and it says 33cl/330ml.

DW> Okay. I guess I should have said we never see cl except on bottles *and
DW> cans* from Europe,

I think the same is used for bottles.

DW> Actually, the "centi-" prefix is not really approved of in SI. Everything
DW> is supposed to go in multiples of a thousand. milli-, - , kilo-, mega-,
DW> etc.. Centimetres are still quite widely used, but even they are supposed
DW> to fade away eventually.

I think so too.

Yesterday I watched a program called Brainiac, the English ver. of MythBusters
and they put warm water in the freezer together with cold water. The warm
water did freeze faster than the cold water......hmmmmm......
I'll have to try that too when I'm testing the beer vs. alcohol again.

---
* Origin: . (2:203/614.61)