Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (2:280/464.113)
To: All
Date: Sun, 17.01.21 07:47
getcha motor runnin'
-={ 2021-01-17 06:47:10.088457706+00:00 }=-

Hey Benny!

BP> sure its possible to gcc compile on a raspberry pi cluster
BP> running android Smile

That I wouldn't know and if I had a raspi cluster it would be running
aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu with gcc/glibc and friends *not* android. A better
option would be to have a tablet with a gcc based aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
host.

BP> what if have husky hosted in termux shell only

I tried it but it requires some patching to get working due to the lack of
suitable c lib for clang. Again a gcc/glibc based host would be the better
option. In my case I am not willing to put in the work into something as
limited as the current aarch-unknown-linux-android host given my lack of caring
for such enviroments.

BP> if none take the first steps, we would still be behind

Speak for yourself. I got further than I cared to. Again if gcc/glibc I'd be
all over it but as is this works as well as it ever will given the obvious
handicap. The termux part is pure gold and having a bash terminal on a smart
device is very smart indeed. Probably the only smart thing to ever run on a
smart device as far as I can tell.

BP> i just sayed the concept not the possible outcome

It will take much work, much less, and arguably infinitely better, if gcc/glibc
based but tell that to google. I am already convinced.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Don't cry for me I have vi.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's EuroPoint - Ladysmith BC, Canada (2:280/464.113)