Fidonet Portal

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Sun, 17.01.21 05:03
getcha motor runnin'
Hello Maurice!

17 Jan 2021 00:01, Maurice Kinal wrote to Benny Pedersen:

MK> From this angle getting it to compile and work was the only 'problem'
MK> and termux's native clang seems to have taken care of it nicely.

sure its possible to gcc compile on a raspberry pi cluster running android Smile

BP>> create a pkg bin install of binkd ?
MK> Do you think there is that much of a demand for it?

depending on dreams, then yes, what if have husky hosted in termux shell only,
then its possible to have whole fidonet in termux with golded as editor, maybe
even with working unicode support finaly, note this will just break still on
machines that does not support it

MK> So far I seem to
MK> be the only one.

if none take the first steps, we would still be behind Smile

MK> Mind you I got the idea from you except that you
MK> were only concerned about running mc on a tablet.

i just sayed the concept not the possible outcome

MK> That also works
MK> great by the way.

thanks

MK> Sure. It is doable but I still have to think it is overkill given it
MK> works without the additional overhead needed to take advantage of it.

i am unsure here

Regards Benny

... too late to die young Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.1.2 (Linux/5.10.7-gentoo-x86_64 (x86_64)Wink
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running CPM 3.0 (2:230/0)