Fidonet Portal

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 22:53
unknown
Hello unknown!

12 Jan 2021 18:32, bebyx wrote to Richard Menedetter:

b> And I won't do it. I better leave Fidonet than follow idiotic
b> traditions. Deal with it.

what ?

Regards Benny

... too late to die young Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.1.2 (Linux/5.10.6-gentoo-x86_64 (x86_64)Wink
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running CPM 3.0 (2:230/0)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Fri, 15.01.21 13:25
Re: unknown
Hi Maurice,

On 2021-01-14 23:06:40, you wrote to Benny Pedersen:

BP>> i have been to much on tictok, and i have still parler installed

MK> I have heard of tictok but not parler. Neither of them (nor facebook,
MK> twitter, etc) work on anything I have

You don't have a (graphical) web browser on any of your devices?

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Fri, 15.01.21 23:42
Re: unknown
Hi Maurice,

On 2021-01-15 18:20:48, you wrote to me:

MK>>> I have heard of tictok but not parler. Neither of them (nor
MK>>> facebook, twitter, etc) work on anything I have

WvV>> You don't have a (graphical) web browser on any of your
WvV>> devices?

MK> Yes except it seldom gets used as I personally find these devices too
MK> annoying and lacking in anything I would use on a daily basis.

So your statement above was false...

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sat, 16.01.21 02:53
Re: unknown
Hi Maurice,

On 2021-01-15 22:28:04, you wrote to me:

WvV>> So your statement above was false...

MK> No it wasn't. Just because there is a GUI browser doesn't mean that there
MK> are accounts to access whatever uses the browser to connect. Also no
icons
MK> available for those services that I've ever seen on the tablet in
question.

Yes it was. You have a gui browser at your disposal, so you could connect to
facebook (and others) if you wanted to. There are no technical bariers...