Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 11:53
Great!
Hi Nicholas!

09 Jan 2021 09:12, from Nicholas Boel -> Richard Menedetter:

RM>> Anyhow ... I am currently quit happy with it.
RM>> But I am still struggling a bit with apt update versus pacman
RM>> -Syu I find it highly unintuitive.
NB> Do you even have to use pacman with Manjaro? I thought it had a nice
NB> GUI package management system that can do all of that for you?

It probably has.
I am used to using the terminal to install stuff.
Usually I have headless systems ;)

RM>> How does it compare to Ubuntu on the desktop?
NB> Archlinux starts from a very basic console install, with no
NB> GUI/desktop environment. You choose what you want to install after
NB> that. Manjaro is more comparable to Ubuntu where you have a full GUI
NB> after installation. I don't dig too far into it to care to have an
NB> opinion on which is better or not though, since linux is always about
NB> personal preference and what works better for you.

Yes indeed.
ATM I am quite happy with it.
And they are really dedicated to the Pibebook Pro.
(Own Manjaro forum for example)

CU, Ricsi

... Wise man see more from the bottom of a well than fools from a mountain.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: Behaviour is the mirror in which we show our image. (2:310/31)