Fidonet Portal

From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: All
Date: Wed, 06.01.21 17:49
*nix Licenses
Hello paul!

05 Jan 21, paul lee wrote to All:

pl> I want to SELL a product.
pl> One section of this product needs a *nix OS. Can I use any ole Linux
pl> distro as the OS, or do I need to focus on the nicer licensed FreeBSD
pl> or similar?

No. You want to sell your product. You do not want to sell the *nix OS.

What kind of *nix OS is to be used is completly part of your customers
responsibility.

pl> I want to SELL a product and need a *nix OS. What OS would you use?

You don't have to care. Your products requirement is a *nix OS so it does run
with any *nix OS. So if it does not run with Tom's rtbt or any version of the
*nixes found on distrowatch.com it's a warranty case and you need to fix your
product.

Regards

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7