Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Wed, 06.01.21 10:55
*nix Licenses
Hi paul!

05 Jan 2021 17:24, from paul lee -> All:

pl> I want to SELL a product.
pl> One section of this product needs a *nix OS. Can I use any ole Linux
pl> distro as the OS, or do I need to focus on the nicer licensed FreeBSD
pl> or similar?
pl> I want to SELL a product and need a *nix OS. What OS would you use?

It depends on if you want to CHANGE the kernel.
If yes, you need to make those changes public if you are using the linux
kernel. (GPLv2)

So in general you can use anything.
Just obey the licenses of those products.

CU, Ricsi

... The reason why I work so hard is because I'm too nervous to steal.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: My ATM just asked me if I want to go double or nothing! (2:310/31)