Fidonet Portal

From: Alexey Vissarionov (2:5020/545)
To: All
Date: Wed, 06.01.21 07:04
*nix Licenses
Good ${greeting_time}, paul!

05 Jan 2021 17:24:30, you wrote to All:

pl> I might be completely wrong, but don't THINK so.

You really are.

pl> I want to SELL a product.

Yes, really.

pl> One section of this product needs a *nix OS.

You have a choice: either open it or fail with it.

pl> Can I use any ole Linux distro as the OS,

You may try, but that wouldn't work.

pl> or do I need to focus on the nicer licensed FreeBSD or similar?

Who cares of licenses? Once it is out, it will be reversed and a hmmm...
compatible software would fire up in a month. Or two.

pl> I want to SELL a product and need a *nix OS. What OS would you use?

That doesn't work anymore. However, you still can offer a donation-backed
support for adding the new features...

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: ::1 (2:5020/545)