Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.01.21 19:29
Great!
Hi Aaron!

04 Jan 2021 14:16, from Aaron Thomas -> Richard Menedetter:

RM>> I am paying 8.4 EUR == 10.5 USD per month for 2 AMD Epyc cores
RM>> with 8 GB RAM and 160 GB SSD, 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 with a 2.5
RM>> GBit/s ethernet card and unlimited traffic.
AT> That looks like an ok price, and they are probably a good hosting
AT> company, but I was very lucky to get a hosting company with full root
AT> access for $6 USD/month.
AT> My plan doesn't have nearly as much RAM or storage space as yours, but
AT> I'm content with having full root access.

Sure ... if you do not need the added RAM, then why pay more Smile

I actually also do not need it, but I nearly went one tear higher, as it is
nice to have Smile and having 320 GB SSD would have been nice.

My previous product (same company) cost 1 EUR less and had double the storage.
(2 Xeon cores, 6 GB RAM, 320 GB SATA)
The difference is SATA (mechanical disk) vs. SSD (Flash).
It is 10 times faster now, but sadly only half as large Smile

CU, Ricsi

... Whiskey to a Scot is as innocent as milk is to the rest of the world.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects. (2:310/31)