Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.01.21 14:11
Great!
Hi Aaron!

03 Jan 2021 17:58, from Aaron Thomas -> bebyx:

AT> I run my BBS on a VPS that only allows me to choose between Ubuntu (a
AT> few versions) and CentOS (which is not something I want to try out.Wink

I use netcup, and I am quit happy with them.

I am paying 8.4 EUR == 10.5 USD per month for 2 AMD Epyc cores with 8 GB RAM
and 160 GB SSD, 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 with a 2.5 GBit/s ethernet card and
unlimited traffic.
For 14 EUR you can double the number of cores, RAM and SSD.

Here is the list of default images:

Archlinux / Minimal, ...
CentOS 7 / Minimal, Plesk, webuzo, ...
CentOS 8 / Minimal, ...
Debian (10) Buster / Jitsi, Minimal, Plesk, ...
Debian (9) Stretch / Minimal, OpenVPN Access Server, Plesk, PowerDNS
Master, PowerDNS Slave, ...
Fedora 32 / Minimal, ...
FreeBSD 11 / Minimal, ...
FreeBSD 12 / Minimal, ...
OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 / Minimal, ...
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / Cloudron, Docker, Minimal, Nextcloud, OpenVPN Access
Server, Seafile, ...
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS / Minimal, ...

If you want something else, you can upload an ISO and it will boot that ISO.

Works really well!

CU, Ricsi

... The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. (2:310/31)