Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.01.21 13:54
Great!
Hi bebyx!

03 Jan 2021 10:33, from bebyx -> Aaron Thomas:

be> The first thing I'm thinking of when I hear about stable Debian vs
be> unstable Ubuntu is that I always had problems when I tried to upgrade
be> Ubuntu version. Actually it just won't update and it crashed, so I had
be> to reinstall Ubuntu (just like Windows).
be> In Debian, dist-upgrade works just fine. So far, I use sid for a year
be> and feel it like more stable than Ubuntu.

I agree.
Ubuntu told me that there are no further updates, and you need to reinstall a
newer version to get security updates.
LTS Long Time Support releases are a bit better ... but still.

be> I don't think there should be any file compatibility issues if we are
be> talking about storage. If both have ext4 you are good to go (maybe,
be> different file systems are also fine, but I cannot guarantee since I
be> never tested that). I exchange files regularly between my Debian and
be> Gentoo laptops (both ext4)  it's more than compatible.

btrfs should be also fine.
I have a strong feeling that it will be the next "default" file system.

CU, Ricsi

... Early to rise, early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: You cannot antagonize and influence at the same time. (2:310/31)