Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:460/58)
To: All
Date: Mon, 18.01.21 21:34
all banking by appointment only
After several months of trying to be efficient wrt banking - minimizing the
number of visits per month to just one, since each deposit costs me a minimum
$2 (down from weekly, down to 3 times per month, and finally down to just once
a month) - today, I learned that the bank "has mandated" all banking to be by
appointment only. I walk in. 4 tellers are busy clicking their mice playing
games on their screens. Nobody else is in there. One teller seems to give me
the indication to come forward. The first thing she asks me is do I have an
appointment. Frig. I look around and say, "Am I using up someone else's
slot?" So pathetic. I could feel my frustration starting to simmer. Then she
tells me that they have been mandated to go by appointment only. She says "It's
not us. It's the government." Bull. She cannot cite the regulation. And I
cannot find such a thing searching for it later online.

Bottom line, I will probably completely reduce visits to the bank to make
deposits. There isn't a whole lot of cash to account for anyway. Meanwhile,
the bank charges a month'y maintenance fee for nothing to maintain! It's a lot
of crap.

--- tg BBS v0.6.3
* Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)

From: Shawn Highfield (1:229/452)
To: All
Date: Tue, 19.01.21 13:12
Re: all banking by appointment only
-=> August Abolins wrote to All <=-

AA> finally down to just once a month) - today, I learned that the bank
AA> "has mandated" all banking to be by appointment only. I walk in. 4
AA> tellers are busy clicking their mice playing games on their screens.
AA> Nobody else is in there. One teller seems to give me the indication
AA> to come forward. The first thing she asks me is do I have an
AA> appointment. Frig. I look around and say, "Am I using up someone
AA> else's slot?"

Yep. I haven't delt with a teller in 6 years now. If I have cash to deposit
I use the machine. If I have questions I just phone the toll free numberfrom
home.

AA> appointment only. She says "It's not us. It's the government." Bull.
AA> She cannot cite the regulation. And I cannot find such a thing
AA> searching for it later online.

I'm sure it's just so they don't have to work and can charge you more
service fee's in the future.

AA> make deposits. There isn't a whole lot of cash to account for
AA> anyway. Meanwhile, the bank charges a month'y maintenance fee for
AA> nothing to maintain! It's a lot of crap.

Use the cash for gas and groceries. Fuck them.

Shawn

... Help a swallow land at Capistrano.

--- EzyBlueWave V3.00 01FB001F
* Origin: Tiny's BBS - telnet://tinysbbs.com:3023 (1:229/452)