Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: All
Date: Sun, 17.01.21 22:51
more covid-related restrictions
Hi August!

12 Jan 2021 06:42, from August Abolins -> Richard Menedetter:

AA> See stats in my area here:
AA> https://hpepublichealth.ca/covid-19-cases/

28 cases, 3 hospitalized and 0 in intensive care ...
that are numbers that we could only dream of!

Here in Austria they just extended the lockdown.
Cases are stable but high:
https://orf.at/corona/daten/oesterreich

Hospitals can cope with it until now ... thanks god.

AA> The concern is applying sweeping restrictions over the entire
AA> province, despite zero cases in my county.

0 cases is very impressive!
People here were VERY disciplined in the first lockdown.
Less so in the second.
And now they are fed up, which leads to numbers staying very high Sad

AA> Meanwhile small businesses are expected to operate at vastly reduced
AA> capacity for nothing, while big-box stores, parks, professional sports
AA> activities operate as usual.

No such problems here ... stores are closed.
Small and big.

We have the issue with skiing.
That is the national religion, and skiing resorts are open.
With some very strange rules, as food may only be sold where there is no
possibility to sit down for at least 50 m ;)

CU, Ricsi

... Misers aren't fun to live with but they make wonderful ancestors.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: You can't fool me - there is no sanity clause! (2:310/31)