Fidonet Portal

From: Lee Lofaso (2:221/360)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 06:54
My nation, America, took over Congress.
Hello Gerhard,

>AT>But this year, powerful Democrats (members of Joe Biden's political
> AT>party) made last-minute changes to their voting procedures which turned
> AT>"election day" into "election 2 weeks." On top of that, other Democrats
> AT>mass-mailed mail-in-ballots (vote from home ballots) to everyone in the
> AT>whole country, despite the fact that mail-in voting has been restricted
> AT>(by law) to military members who are deployed overseas, and to disabled
> AT>Americans (people who can't leave home.Wink
>
>If there is doubt about the votes being counted correctly, go to court.

Even when there was no doubt, Trump & Co. still went to court.
And lost 50+ times. Without ever getting a single win.

>If you think the courts are corrupt, we're back to my suggestion of sending
> UNO troups to hold proper elections. However, this usually happens because
> the _government_ is manipulating the elections, not the opposition.

How did that work out in Belarus?

--Lee

--
Change Is Cumming

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
* Origin: nntp://rbb.fidonet.fi - Lake Ylo - Finland (2:221/360.0)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 00:05
Re: My nation, America,
-=> On 01-09-21 06:45, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: My nation, America, <=-

DS> No, there is not more to it.

AT> For the first time ever in history, ALL Americans were entitled to
AT> mail-in ballot voting.

Great -- that means that all americans were more able to vote. That is
what democracy is all about.

AT> That was unfair to the incumbents around the

There is nothing unfair about people voting. What is unfair is things
which curtail the voting.

AT> nation. Suddenly, everyone who's been watching the news all day has a
AT> ballot in their hand, where in all of history, they had to walk or
AT> drive to the polls. The abrupt change is not fair to Trump and it's not
AT> fair to the 50 or 51% of Americans who voted for him.

Trump did not get 50 or 51% of the vote. He got just under 47%. Biden
got a bit over 51%.

AT> What about people who don't have cable? Those people (like me) had 5
AT> channels of liberal broadcast news, but I'm a miracle- I don't listen
AT> to their crap. Guys like you and me will read the news on the internet,
AT> but not most Americans.

The internet is full of bad information.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:10:01, 09 Jan 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 00:10
Re: My nation, America,
-=> On 01-09-21 06:57, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: My nation, America, <=-

DS> Why not? As I said, there are states which have had voting only by mail
DS> in ballots for years. It has worked just fine for them with no evidence
DS> of any significant fraud.

AT> It's not about fraud, it's about fairness. I think you're a great guy,
AT> but it seems like your fine with Trump having an unfair election

Trump had a fair election. He lost. End of story.

AT> Let's start the year off right: Instead of battling each other, let's
AT> work together for the greater good. I already stated that I plan to

I hope that you and the rest of the nation does that. The events of
last Wednesday showed that not everyone is willing to do that.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:12:21, 09 Jan 2020

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 00:32
Re: My nation, America,
-=> On 01-10-21 00:07, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Paul Lee about Re: My nation, America, t <=-

AT> He hasn't hurt anyone in 4 years, but over the next 2 weeks he's
AT> gonna?

A police man has died as a direct result of his actions which formented
the invasion of the Capitol.

There are more than 380,000 people dead from Covid. It did not have to
be that bad if he had acted in time.

AT> There are no such thing as Republican extremists. I'll bet you a
AT> computer that you will never see protests all over the country in favor
AT> of Trump.

What party were the thugs who invaded the Capitol? Or the ones who
almost kidnaped and executed a state governor?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:36:53, 09 Jan 2020

From: Gerhard Strangar (2:240/2188.575)
To: All
Date: Sat, 09.01.21 21:25
Re: My nation, America,
Am 09 Jan 21 06:45:23 schrob Aaron Thomas an Dale Shipp zum Thema
<Re: My nation, America,>

AT> For the first time ever in history, ALL Americans were entitled to
AT> mail-in ballot voting. That was unfair to the incumbents around the
AT> nation. Suddenly, everyone who's been watching the news all day has a
AT> ballot in their hand, where in all of history, they had to walk or drive
AT> to the polls. The abrupt change is not fair to Trump and it's not fair
AT> to the 50 or 51% of Americans who voted for him.

How can it be "not fair" if everybody gets the chance to vote? The greek word
demokratia means ruling of the people and that's everyone.
Mail-in voting does have serval downsides, for example the lack of secrecy or
the possibility of votes getting lost. Giving everyone the chance to vote is
the only reason it exists at all.

Tschoe mit Oe
Gerhard
---
* Origin: (2:240/2188.575)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:275/99)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 16:53
Re: My nation, America,
DS> I hope that you and the rest of the nation does that. The events of
DS> last Wednesday showed that not everyone is willing to do that.

That was 90 idiots who think life is over because Biden won, or because Biden
allegedly cheated. There's more to election day than the presidential
election, and there's more to life than elections.

I know a lot of other conservatives personally, and none of them are immature
or careless enough to go smashing windows on federal property, or to take
a dump on Pelosi's desk. Not even if the president told them to - which I don't
think he did.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
* Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:275/99)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 16:57
Re: My nation, America,
DS> A police man has died as a direct result of his actions which formented
DS> the invasion of the Capitol.
DS>
DS> There are more than 380,000 people dead from Covid. It did not have to
DS> be that bad if he had acted in time.

These 2 things are speculative. I don't believe that you can scientifically
blame either of these on Trump or his supporters as a whole.

DS> What party were the thugs who invaded the Capitol? Or the ones who
DS> almost kidnaped and executed a state governor?

It doesn't equate to Joe Biden's Antifa or Joe Biden's BLM. They did a lot
more damage than Trump's dummies who broke a window.

From: Aaron Thomas (1:275/99)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 17:05
Re: My nation, America,
GS> How can it be "not fair" if everybody gets the chance to vote? The greek
GS> word demokratia means ruling of the people and that's everyone.

It's fair but it's not fair. The 2 pandemics, covid-19 and TDS, worked
together to ensure Biden's victory.

If we're going to repair a broken Democracy, why start now? Where was "vote
from home" during the 2012 election?