Fidonet Portal

From: Martin Foster (2:310/31.3)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.12.20 12:41
Fidonet Reference Library(FSC's)
Hello Michiel!

*** Wednesday 30.12.20 at 15:03, Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Martin Foster:

MF>> Under the first heading of "Fidonet Reference Library" on ftsc.org, I
MF>> see numerous FSC's listed. I would be obliged if someone could tell
MF>> me if these documents are standards, proposals or what, thanks.

MvdV> They are proposals that for one reason or another did not make it into
MvdV> a standard.

MvdV> So: rejected proposals.

Thank you very much for clarifying that.

I have questions Smile

[1]Is there any record anywhere of the reason(s) why these proposals
were rejected?

[2]Is a software developer permitted to implement any of these
rejected proposals in his/her software?

[3]Am I correct in assuming that the FSP's are proposals awaiting
either acceptance or rejection by the FTSC?

Regards,
Martin

--- OpenXP 5.0.48
* Origin: Bitz-Box - Bradford - UK (2:310/31.3)