Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001.4013)
To: All
Date: Mon, 28.12.20 23:26
cutting edge of backwards compatibility
-={ Corrected DateTime for Ladysmith BC, Canada: 2020-12-28 22:26:30 -0800 }=-

Hey Andrew!

AL> You are welcome to try it. You should be aware that it is not
AL> guaranteed that your messages will make it through the network;

No worries. The msgheader datetime stamp is as the current ftn standards call
for. The only place the proposed datetime stamp will be found is in the first
printed line of the msgbody as demonstrated above in this reply, showing as '%F
%T %z' in strftime-speak, which we both already agreed is the most desirable
output, although in this case it isn't hidden in a kludge so everyone should
see it in it's full glory.

For now I believe this to be the best way to deal with this issue until the
proposal runs it's proper course, whatever that turns out to be. I am still
feeling my way through all this and muchly appreciate your patience.

Life is good,
Maurice

... þyrs sceal on fenne gewunian ana innan lande.
A giant must dwell in the fen, alone in the land.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.0(1)-release (aarch64-unknown-linux-android)
* Origin: Little Mikey's ARM - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001.4013)