Fidonet Portal

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 02.01.21 17:14
D'Bridge on Linux
I have successfully ported the code for DBUTIL and the internal message editor
to Linux, BSD and 64-bit Windows.

The Turbopower B-tree database library is still the major culprit holding up
any code progress.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Petros Argyrakis (2:410/9)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.01.21 02:01
Re: D'Bridge on Linux
NA> MSGID: 1:229/426 1707C769
NA> TZUTC: -0500
NA> I have successfully ported the code for DBUTIL and the internal message
NA> editor
NA> to Linux, BSD and 64-bit Windows.

NA> The Turbopower B-tree database library is still the major culprit holding
NA> up
NA> any code progress.

That is good news indeed. Let's hope for a 64bit dbridge....Smile

Appreciate the effort

--- D'Bridge 4
* Origin: VM/SP (2:410/9)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.01.21 12:20
Re: D'Bridge on Linux
On 03 Jan 21 14:44:05, Vincent Coen said the following to Nick Andre:

> The Turbopower B-tree database library is still the major culprit
> holding up any code progress.
VC>
VC> Can you not use say sqlite3 or another DB library that is available across
VC> platforms ?

Nope

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.01.21 15:27
Re: D'Bridge on Linux
On 03 Jan 21 18:16:27, Vincent Coen said the following to Nick Andre:

VC> Just had a look at their website it is old source 2005 ish but as it is on
VC> source form can't you just recompile it say for FPC (free Pascal Compiler)
VC> Delphi mode as I 'assume' that is the tool you are playing with for Linux

Its not that simple to recompile B-tree for Freepascal; thats sortof what I'm
trying to do with some help. I cannot use Delphi mode.

D'Bridge has way too much code based on B-tree and replacing it with something
else will mean a massive rewrite which I really want to avoid.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Fernando Toledo (4:902/26)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.01.21 21:01
Re: D'Bridge on Linux
El 2/1/21 a las 18:14, Nick Andre escribio':
> I have successfully ported the code for DBUTIL and the internal message
editor
> to Linux, BSD and 64-bit Windows.
>
> The Turbopower B-tree database library is still the major culprit holding up
> any code progress.
>
> Nick

cool!!!, thanks for you work!
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
* Origin: Dock Sud BBS - http://bbs.docksud.com.ar (4:902/26)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.01.21 11:01
Re: D'Bridge on Linux
On 03 Jan 21 20:58:21, Vincent Coen said the following to Nick Andre:

VC> Sorry may be I did not say but I looked at the sources on their website on
VC> sourceforge at :
VC>
VC> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tpbtreefiler/

That source code is not for Linux. It will currently only compile for DOS and
Windows, is designed for Delphi and contains an assembler component. It will
not compile on Linux without a fair amount of rewrites.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2