Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 04.07.12 01:44
FidoGazette Vol 6 No 12 July 4th, 2012 Page: 5
F O O D: F O R T H O U G H T

Fidonet Cooking Echo Picnic - Dates extended
By Janis Kracht, 1:261/38, janis@filegate.net

The Fidonet Cooking Echo Picnic dates for 2012 are
July 19, 20, 21, 22, 23.

If you are somewhere even close to Ithaca, NY, on that weekend,
and think you might like to join us, you can just stop in for
one day if you like, or get a room at one of the inns nearby if
you'd like to stick around for the entire event Smile We can put
some people up here in our new house, but need to know in
advance if you'll be taking us up on that.

While the name of this event is a "Cooking Echo Picnic", it is
so much more than that Smile We do typically go outside and party
at times , but we also just go with the flow at the
moment, depending on what people would like to do. There are
excursions to local restaurants (some of them quite famous
nationally, like the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca), and other
sites of interest to people.

Another big favorite will most likely be a visit to the Ithaca
Farmers Market, which has been called a "Festival" with over 130
vendors. Plants, vegetables, meals, farmers who sell grass-fed
beef, pork and lamb, and more are typically available.
Craftsmen also bring their artistic wares, like artwork,
jewelry, etc.

At the house, we'll have stocked cupboards and most likely wine,
beer and other beverages.. you can bring anything you want to
share with people, as well.

This weekend is the big move to our new place. The street address
is 2682 Slaterville Road, Slaterville Springs, NY. I don't have a
phone number for the house yet, but check the FIDOGAZETTE echo in
the next few days.

FIDOGAZETTE Vol 6 No 12 Page 5 July 4, 2012

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)