Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/6)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.12.20 02:06
Goodreads
On 12/15/2020 9:32 AM, between "Charles Pierson - August Abolins":

> AA> CP> ..it kept giving me a Captcha error, even though there was n
> AA> CP> captcha on the page.
> AA>
> AA> Sometimes the captcha pop-up can hide in another window below the main
> AA> page.
> AA>
>
> I thought of that, if it is, it's doing a great job of hiding.

The way I get around that is one of two ways:

[1] use another browser (I flip between FF and Opera depending on the
circumstances)

[2] close the browser, flush the cache, and retry.

Sometimes the captcha window takes a little while longer to load than a normal
page, so try not click on anything else (to avoid pushing the pop-up to a
deeper layer) and give it some extra time to render.

---
* Origin: nntp://news.fidonet.fi (2:221/6.0)