Fidonet Portal

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Wed, 09.12.20 15:35
Working my way through...
So my wife and I decided to rewatch TNG and thought...why don't we carry on
and watch DS9. I was skeptical at first but ended up enjoying the show. We
went back and watched TOS then the first 6 movies. The Animated Series came
next and now on the 2nd series of Enterprise.

While there's several sites that give recommended watching orders, I'm still
confused as to why First Contact doesn't come before any of this. I'm sure
it's explained somewhere but logically, the Vulcan noticing the first warp
signature from Earth should surely come before everything else. Hmm,
Generations was in there somewhere too.

Anyway, we'll plough on through Enterprise then it looks like Discovery
Seasons 1-2, Voyager Seasons 1-2, First Contact, Voyager Season 3-4,
Insurrection, Voyager Season 5-7, Nemsis, 2009, whatever that is, never heard
of it. Then Discovery Season 3, having watched Picard some time ago.

Anyone have any suggested changes to the timeline? No spoilers please!
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.12.20 15:02
Re: Working my way through...
Ched wrote:
> Re: Working my way through...
> By: Nigel Reed to Fidonet.TREK on Wed Dec 09 2020 02:35 pm
>
> NR> Anyway, we'll plough on through Enterprise then it looks like Discovery
> NR> Seasons 1-2, Voyager Seasons 1-2, First Contact, Voyager Season 3-4,
> NR> Insurrection, Voyager Season 5-7, Nemsis, 2009, whatever that is, never
> NR> heard of it. Then Discovery Season 3, having watched Picard some time
ago.

> Looks like a good timeline! I've watched all of them and now watching
Discovery season 3 as I type this reply! ;)

I signed up for CBS All Access for 30 days for 99c or something like that. Got
through Discovery season 1 in about 3 days. About 5 episodes into season 2.
I'm not sure I'll be able to keep this pace up to get through 7 seasons of
Voyager plus 3 movies. I'll maybe just have to torrent Season 3 of Discovery Smile

From: Bob Roberts (1:218/840)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.12.20 17:07
Re: Working my way through...
NR> I signed up for CBS All Access for 30 days for 99c or something like that.
Got
NR> through Discovery season 1 in about 3 days. About 5 episodes into season
2.
NR> I'm not sure I'll be able to keep this pace up to get through 7 seasons of
NR> Voyager plus 3 movies. I'll maybe just have to torrent Season 3 of
Discovery Smile

You can do it! You just gotta push youself. ;-)

For what it's worth, once CBS has your email address they seem to offer lots of
promotions to get you to sign up. Once your 99 cent subscription expires they
will probably offer you another deal.

When Picard came out, they offered 1 month free, then when Picard was done,
they offered 1 month free. Basically forcing me to binge it for free... which
I was happy to do. Same when Discovery came out.

Bob Roberts
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
* Origin: Halls of Valhalla -=- Happy New Year (1:218/840)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.12.20 23:48
Re: Working my way through...
Bob wrote:
> NR> I signed up for CBS All Access for 30 days for 99c or something like
that. Got
> NR> through Discovery season 1 in about 3 days. About 5 episodes into season
2.
> NR> I'm not sure I'll be able to keep this pace up to get through 7 seasons
of
> NR> Voyager plus 3 movies. I'll maybe just have to torrent Season 3 of
Discovery Smile

> You can do it! You just gotta push youself. ;-)
>
> For what it's worth, once CBS has your email address they seem to offer lots
of promotions to get you to sign up. Once your 99 cent subscription expires
they will probably offer you another deal.

This was actually through Amazon Prime. It's where we were watching Enterprise
and tried to find Discovery. It said it was on CBS All Access and we could get
it for 99c for the month. Deal!

> When Picard came out, they offered 1 month free, then when Picard was done,
they offered 1 month free. Basically forcing me to binge it for free... which
I was happy to do. Same when Discovery came out.

Picard was short through. Easily done. I'm glad that Discovery is only 15
Episodes and not 25-27 like the others.

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.01.21 19:23
Re: Working my way through...
Flavio wrote:
> NR> Picard was short through. Easily done. I'm glad that Discovery is only
15
> NR> Episodes and not 25-27 like the others.
>

> Indeed, although there are rumors that Strange New Worlds will return to
> the traditional episodic format.

That's not even on my radar as yet. In fact, I don't know where it fits into
the whole time line.