Fidonet Portal

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Tue, 17.11.20 08:17
DOOM
-=> Al wrote to Charles Pierson <=-

Al> I use prboom-plus for doom on linux. I haven't tried on windows but
Al> there is a windows version available, also a mac version.

I just fired up my Windows DOOM engine - think I'm running ZDOOM, and
played Level 1 of the original DOOM, Hurt Me Plenty, no cheat codes.
It was a nice time, I realized that I've forgotten most of the secret
areas. I'll need to go back and play through again.

I've also forgotten how to strafe.

... Imagine the music as a set of disconnected events
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Thu, 19.11.20 11:50
Re: DOOM
-=> Al wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

Al> Re: DOOM
Al> By: Kurt Weiske to Al on Tue Nov 17 2020 07:17 am

KW> I just fired up my Windows DOOM engine - think I'm running ZDOOM, and
KW> played Level 1 of the original DOOM, Hurt Me Plenty, no cheat codes.
KW> It was a nice time, I realized that I've forgotten most of the secret
KW> areas. I'll need to go back and play through again.

Al> I always used zdoom on windows, when I had windows.

Al> I still have zdoom around here and I need it at times when prboom can't
Al> run a map for some reason.

KW> I've also forgotten how to strafe.

Al> I don't know if it's possible to strafe. It might be, there are so many
Al> options I may have walked passed it.

Al> My doom setup is still very original DOS like. My doom guy can't look
Al> up and down (although I could set it up so I could) because that's not
Al> doom!

Al> Ttyl Smile,
Al> Al

I've been playing new Doom levels, so its a game I never really left. I played
through Doom a year or so ago, original levels, and I ALMOST felt like I
started to forget what was in the levels.

But I'm pretty much just as familiar with the game, if not more so, than I was
in 1994.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)