Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (2:240/1120.976)
To: All
Date: Wed, 18.11.20 09:13
Graphic Novel
Hello, All.

I saw this ad and almost choked on my coffee.

 GRAPHIC NOVELNature of the BeastBy Adam Mansbach, Douglas Mcgowan, Owen
Brozman$1.99ORIGINALLY $9.99

A Florida gator wrestler is all that stands between mankind’s survival and a
bloodthirsty alien force in this hilarious, action-packed graphic novel from
the #1 New York Times bestselling-author of Go the F*ck to Sleep.

 Amazon    Apple Books    Google    Kobo

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Thu, 19.11.20 18:00
Re: Graphic Novel
-=> August Abolins wrote to Charles Pierson <=-

AA> I have explored building an online ordering/shopping system
AA> for my shop. The only tool that makes the most sense is the
AA> one at Bookmanager. (I'll avoid the link, because that would
AA> break "Fidonet being Fidonet".Wink

If this is a dig at my earlier comments, you misunderstood - or
you're blowing it out of proportion to make a point.

A Fidonet post including a link in context to the post is one thing.

A post where you're directed to a link for the content, or a posting
that consists entirely of a link with no subject and no context is
something completely different.

... Abandon normal instruments
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.11.20 21:23
Re: Graphic Novel
-=> August Abolins wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

AA> As more and more people start to post from TgM, perhaps a
AA> netiquette can be voiced to help avoid *just* posting links.

Or maybe (hopefully), more and more people *WON'T* post from TgM, and
avoid the issue that way.

... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)

From: August Abolins (2:460/58)
To: All
Date: Sat, 21.11.20 04:18
Re: Graphic Novel
DC> 718.fido_coffeekl@1:123/115 241db6f9
DC> -=> August Abolins wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-
DC>
DC> AA> As more and more people start to post from TgM, perhaps a
DC> AA> netiquette can be voiced to help avoid *just* posting links.
DC>
DC> Or maybe (hopefully), more and more people *WON'T* post from TgM, and
DC> avoid the issue that way.
DC>
DC>
DC>
DC> ... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
DC> === MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--Subj: nntp/telegram - same issues--

Ah.. Sounds like something people said in the good ol' days when fido was first
gated to support users with nntp readers. Same difference today, except that
Telegram is more accesible and fun to use.

--- tg BBS v0.6.2
* Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)