Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Miles (1:3634/24)
To: All
Date: Sun, 15.11.20 18:13
--To: R_ichard Menedetter_
On 12 Nov 2020, August Abolins said the following...

AA> Unless DOOM is playable on a smartphone/tablet, I guess this group via
AA> Telegram is not too useful.

You can. I have.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/news/full-original-doom-video-game-is-now-avail
able-for-free-google-play-0150178/#:~:text=News%20The%20Full%20Original%20DOOM,
for%20Free%20on%20Google%20Play&text=In%20the%20wake%20of%20its,on%20the%20Goog
le%20Play%20Store.

Now that's a long darn link. Didn't expect that when I copied and pasted.

-=>Richard Miles<=-
-=>Captain Obvious<=-
-=>bbs.shadowscope.com<=-

* Origin: Shadowscope BBS | bbs.shadowscope.com | Temple, GA (1:3634/24)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Tue, 17.11.20 12:19
Re: --To: R_ichard Menede
-=> Al wrote to Charles Pierson <=-

Al> Re: Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
Al> By: Charles Pierson to Kurt Weiske on Mon Nov 16 2020 12:53 pm

KW>> On a different note, I just saw an article on Hacker News about a
KW>> DOOM executable that'll run in DOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
KW>> Kooky.

CP> Directly in Windows? interesting

Al> I use prboom-plus for doom on linux. I haven't tried on windows but
Al> there is a windows version available, also a mac version.

Al> Ttyl Smile,
Al> Al

Another PRBOOM+ Linux user here. Great port with native midi support.

Maybe that 'universal' executable has a stub that branches depending on the OS?

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Al (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Wed, 18.11.20 12:59
Re: --To: R_ichard Menede
Re: Re: --To: R_ichard Menede
By: Dennis Katsonis to Al on Tue Nov 17 2020 09:47 pm

DK> Another PRBOOM+ Linux user here. Great port with native midi support.

Years ago I was having trouble getting a doom engine going and then I
discovered prboom-plus and I have never looked back.

DK> Maybe that 'universal' executable has a stub that branches depending on
DK> the OS?

It must be. I haven't had eyes on a windows machine in years so I'm not sure
what makes them tick anymore.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Can bankers count? Eight windows and only two tellers?
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux