Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Falken (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Thu, 12.11.20 11:59
--To: R_ichard Menedetter_
Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
By: August Abolins to All on Thu Nov 12 2020 05:21 pm

> --To: R_ichard Menedetter_--
> --*Subj:* _Is this reaching the DOOM readers out there_--
>
> RM> I do not know what a DOOM reader is,
> RM> but it reached me.
>
> Further to that.. *what* this is would be the intent of the moderator/creato
> of the echo:
>
> "Fidonet: If you like the game DOOM, or any similar games, this echo is for
> you. Topics include modem/network support (for multi-player games), playing
> techniques, technical information and reviews of new levels. Other 3D games
> are also on topic."
>
> Unless DOOM is playable on a smartphone/tablet, I guess this group via Teleg
> is not too useful.
>
> But the technology that is built to support the link-up between fido and
> telegram can serve to be a nice convenience to monitor activity at the very
> least.

I think there are source ports for the ID 1 engine (aka DOOM) that run on
Android. I could be wrong, though. In any case, smartphones feel like the wrong
place to play a FPS.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux