Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (1:154/10)
To: All
Date: Thu, 12.11.20 10:06
DOOM echo vs Gameplay
Hello, August Abolins -> All.
On 11/12/20 5:49 PM you wrote:

> CP> There are Doom games available on Android. Then that is very
> cool. Then Telegram could serve as a tool for the chatty players.

I'm not seeing the connection you're making.

> CP> But beyond that, you're limiting your view. CP> Just because a
> person is communicating via a CP> smartphone/tablet application,
> doesn't mean that CP> they don't also use PC's or game systems. I
> never suggested limitation. I just thought unless a person can play
> the game and access the DOOM echo on the same tablet/smartphone,
> then maybe the Telegram link would not be handy.

Why would you be on the game and on the message area at the same time?

I've played various MMORPG games over the years where there have been
group chats set up on various platforms to help coordinate actions,
especially in group combat.

But in this case, I suspect the echo is more geared towards tips and
tricks and pointing to MOD files that people have made or found.

It's not really for real time activity during gameplay.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

--- HotdogEd/2.13.5 (Android; Google Android; rv:1) Hotdoged/1596877233000 Hotd
* Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (1:154/10)