Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (1:154/10)
To: All
Date: Thu, 12.11.20 09:36
--To: R_ichard Menedetter_
Hello, August Abolins -> All.
On 11/12/20 5:21 PM you wrote:

> --To: R_ichard Menedetter_--

Your To: came out screwy..

> --*Subj:* _Is this reaching the DOOM readers out there_-- RM> I do
> not know what a DOOM reader is, RM> but it reached me. Further to
> that.. *what* this is would be the intent of the moderator/creator
> of the echo: "Fidonet: If you like the game DOOM, or any similar
> games, this echo is for you. Topics include modem/network support
> (for multi-player games), playing techniques, technical information
> and reviews of new levels. Other 3D games are also on topic." Unless
> DOOM is playable on a smartphone/tablet, I guess this group via
> Telegram is not too useful.

There are Doom games available on Android.

But beyond that, you're limiting your view.

Just because a person is communicating via a smartphone/tablet
application, doesn't mean that they don't also use PC's or game systems.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

--- HotdogEd/2.13.5 (Android; Google Android; rv:1) Hotdoged/1596877233000 Hotd
* Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (1:154/10)

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.11.20 10:40
Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
-=> Richard Miles wrote to August Abolins <=-

RM> On 12 Nov 2020, August Abolins said the following...

AA> Unless DOOM is playable on a smartphone/tablet, I guess this group via
AA> Telegram is not too useful.

On a different note, I just saw an article on Hacker News about a
DOOM executable that'll run in DOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Kooky.

... Abandon normal instruments
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Charles Pierson (1:153/757.26)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.11.20 13:53
Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
Hello, Kurt Weiske.
On 11/16/20 9:40 AM you wrote:

KW> -=> Richard Miles wrote to August Abolins <=-
RM>> On 12 Nov 2020, August Abolins said the following...
AA>> Unless DOOM is playable on a smartphone/tablet, I guess this
AA>> group via Telegram is not too useful.
KW> On a different note, I just saw an article on Hacker News about a
KW> DOOM executable that'll run in DOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
KW> Kooky.

Directly in Windows? interesting

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android
--- Hotdoged/2.13.5/Android
* Origin: Houston, TX (1:153/757.26)

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.11.20 17:23
Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
On 16 Nov 2020, Kurt Weiske said the following...

KW> On a different note, I just saw an article on Hacker News about a
KW> DOOM executable that'll run in DOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Kooky.

You can always play it on your Canon printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWi5yJK3zo

Jay

... A dog breeder crossed a setter and a pointer and got a pointsetter

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/10/23 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)

From: Al (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.11.20 21:11
Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
Re: Re: --To: R_ichard Menedetter_
By: Charles Pierson to Kurt Weiske on Mon Nov 16 2020 12:53 pm

KW>> On a different note, I just saw an article on Hacker News about a
KW>> DOOM executable that'll run in DOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
KW>> Kooky.

CP> Directly in Windows? interesting

I use prboom-plus for doom on linux. I haven't tried on windows but there is a
windows version available, also a mac version.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux