Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (1:154/10)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 08:15
Counting votes
Hello, Dale Shipp -> Charles Pierson.
On 11/13/20 1:34 AM you wrote:

> -=> On 11-12-20 07:00, Charles Pierson <=- -=> spoke to Gerhard
> Strangar about Counting votes <=- CP> I mean, I can understand not
> wanting to go be in a large crowd on CP> election day to vote.
> However, with the early voting option, I had CP> many family members
> all over the country go vote in person without CP> crowds. There
> were crowds at many of the early voting places also. I saw reports
> of six hour waits at some. That was in larger towns, e.g. Houston.

That's completely possible, even probable of course. It's just not
something anyone that I know experienced, even here in Houston.

> CP> I simply don't trust the mail enough to be 100% confident my
> ballot CP> wouldn't get lost accidentally, let alone any potential
> fraud. I've CP> had too many instances of mail not mine being
> delivered to my address CP> to feel otherwise, and not just my
> neighbors, but mail for addresses CP> not in my neighborhood. I did
> not trust the mail either, especially after seeing all that Trump
> and his appointees were doing to muck up the post office. There was
> a third option, which I used. Drop boxes where you could place your
> mail in ballot.

I've had issues with the post office going back nearly a decade now.
They moved our delivery from the local branch to a different office back
around 2010. The service hasn't nearly been as good since.

As a personal choice, I don't trust drop boxes either. But then I might
just have trust issues.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

--- HotdogEd/2.13.5 (Android; Google Android; rv:1) Hotdoged/1596877233000 Hotd
* Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (1:154/10)